"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do

than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe

harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain













Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day Twenty-Two: Phoenix, AZ

Monday Francesca and I started our day off at a local Starbucks so I could get up to date on the blog. Obviously that didn't hold. We had plans to go horseback riding with Kevan but he had some last minute things he had to do and we were sort of spending more time than anticipated at Starbucks so we decided to push back the riding until Tuesday.

After the few hours it took to update, Francesca and I decided to try to find a local Mexican restaurant for lunch. We programmed my GPS to find a place and when we got there, it was not in existance.

This happened 4 or 5 times before we actually found a place that DID exist.
It was probably about an hour or so before we got there.
We had the worst waitress ever... the place wasn't even busy and she came to our table 10-15 minutes after we had been seated and asked if we wanted anything.

And all this time I thought going to a restaurant implied that people want to eat.
Won't make that assumption again.

At one point, after waiting 15 minutes after we got our food, Francesca actually had to get up to find someone to get her some guacamole. You know you have a bad waitress if you're forced to get up and find her.

After lunch we went back to my aunt and uncles to grab our swimsuits and then headed out to Kevan's mom's because she invited us over for dinner. We also go to use her pool in the afternoon :)
It was really fantastic to have a home cooked meal.. and to have some relief from the heat.


We drove back to my Aunt Lynne and Uncle Johns and spent a little more time with them, chatting about our next destination, Las Vegas. They told us about this awesome place to stay at and the rate was only $27 a night!

Then I made plans with Jordan, the guy I met at the bars on Saturday.
I suggested we go mini-golfing.
My aunt and uncle were really cute because they got into total parental mode... my Uncle John even asked if he could bring out his gun if he came to pick me up.
So maybe it's a good thing I met Jordan at the place :)

So.. the place is called Castles and Coasters and it's probably one of the coolest places i've ever been to and i'm not ashamed to admit it at age 22.
It has a ropes and zip-line course, an arcade, mini golf obviously, bumper boats, roller coasters, and a water ride.
it was dark out so it was all lit up and pretty.

Jordan and I started the game and decided we definitely wanted to keep score.
After a rocky start, I somehow managed to get a hole-in-one.
Of course this moment needed to be documented.




then... on the very next hole, i get another hole-in-one.
which prompted Jordan to accuse me of taking performance enhancement drugs.


Eventually though, he got a hole-in-one of his own.





interestingly enough, it was on that same hole that I lost my golf ball. I hit it under the windmill where it was supposed to travel down one of three tubes to come out onto a lower green. But it never came out.
I had warned Jordan though that every time I went mini golfing as a kid, i always lost my ball in the water if there was water around. So no water this time, but the ball still disappeared.

After we finished the course I asked him who had won.

he handed me this :





(my test mysteriously disappeared in the lab somewhere and i skipped town before they could obtain another sample... :P )

No comments:

Post a Comment