We changed into beachwear and drove to Long Branch Beach. We decided against Seaside Heights (the Jersey Shore) because the drive would have been a little too long.
We did see some guidos stopped next to us at a traffic light, so that was good enough for me. They even waved to us.
It was hot but super windy at the beach. So windy that I almsot felt chilly so I did not want to go into the ocean. Francesca on the other hand couldn't wait to get into the ocean!
We got some lunch at a greek restaurant and I had caviar dip for the first time.
Salty but pretty good.. until I thought about what I was actually eating.
Salty but pretty good.. until I thought about what I was actually eating.
We stopped at a chocolate shop after lunch.
There was a really old man at the register and when he turned around to leave, Francesca's mom said hello to him.
There was a really old man at the register and when he turned around to leave, Francesca's mom said hello to him.
He stared at her and questioned "DO I KNOW YOU?"
And she said "no, but you're just such a handsome gentleman i wanted to say hello!"
and he goes real grumpily "WELL IF I DON'T KNOW YOU, DON'T SAY HI TO ME"
ahahaha it was hilarious, she was really just trying to be nice.
she apologized and that was that.
she apologized and that was that.
We laid out on the beach a bit longer and then went back home.
Francesca and I got ready to go out with Francesca's childhood friend, Michelle.
We first stopped at a bar where Michelle works... a polish bar of course.
They drank polish beer. (beer with rasberry syrup?)
Then we went to a club... Lounge 46 i think it was called.
Francesca wanted to get her dance on and lucky for her, Wednesday is Latino night.
Francesca wanted to get her dance on and lucky for her, Wednesday is Latino night.
I am fairly sure I was the only one in the WHOLE club with blonde hair and blue eyes.
I've never felt more out of place.
But it was fun.
We danced. A lot.
and then we came home and slept in New Jersey for the last night :)
No comments:
Post a Comment