"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do

than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe

harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain













Monday, June 20, 2011

Day Twenty-One: Phoenix, AZ

Day twenty-one started with a horrible hangover for me.
I did what I could to look and feel okay and Francesca and I headed back to my Aunt and Uncles as we had plans to go to a Swap Meet in Mesa. (kind of like a flea market)

It was a forty minute drive and I had to concentrate so hard the entire time to not get sick...thankfully, I didn't.
The Swap Meet was really cool
We found some pretty sweet wrestling masks, some nice hats with sequins all over them, adult bibs and other really useful things :)



I got trapped into buying a nail art kit because the 8 year old arts and crafts fanatic in me won against the 22 year old hungover me. Can't imagine why. The lady drew a perfect little flower on my nail and that was that. Had to have it, because she made it look SO EASY! (I later found out it is not so easy- hungover, drunk, or sober)

One of the most exciting parts of the swap meet was the watch lady. I got a watch for Christmas and the battery died on the trip. I wasn't about to stop the trip to go find someone to put a new battery in, but i couldn't not wear the watch because I felt naked without it. And because I wore it, i felt compelled to look at it. (It was always 12:40)...

So when I found the watch lady at the swap meet with a sign "watch batteries- $5", I was ecstatic.
I told her she absolutley made my day. She looked at me kind of strangely when she said that.

After the swap meet and after my hangover had diminished to a tolerable level, we went back home.
But on the way.... we stopped at a Quick Trip gas station because my Uncle was raving about these freezoni's (i think that's what they're called?... this is what i get for not updating the blog right away)
which are like big slushies with a ton of different flavors and they're like 79 cents for 32 ounces of sugary, icey goodness.

we also stopped at a local mexican conveniences store where outside was a fry bread stand. Francesca is a huge fry bread fan and had been craving some




Fran and I took naps then... and then we went out to dinner at a Chinese/Japanese Sushi buffet.
I ate a stuffed crab that had eyes which i didn't know about when i put it on my plate.



ew, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment