"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do

than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe

harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain













Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day Twenty: Phoenix, AZ

Saturday we woke up at Kevan's and got ready for the day.
We drove about a half hour to my Aunt Lynne and Uncle Johns to spend the day with them.



We spent some time chatting and catching up... and they had fresh strawberries and grapes for us to snack on which was wonderful after weeks without fresh fruit.

Then they took us up into the mountains that are practically in their backyard
The road was really windy and Fran and I were both really nauseous but it was totally worth it when we got up to the top







After we got back we chatted some more and I found out some pretty interesting stories from my aunt about my dad... also dug up some embarrassing pictures of him when he was a kid.

Then my aunt and uncle took us to a really cool Soup and Salad Buffet place.
They knew it was the kind of food we had been craving so we loaded up on our fruits and veggies when we were with them.


After dinner we headed back to Kevans with plans to go out for the night.
We went out with a bunch of his friends.
The first place we went to had a bunch of pool tables so we did that for a bit.
I, personally, am terrible at pool.
I play with the 10 year old girls I nanny for with their mini pool table and I'm fairly certain they're both much better than I am.

Kevan and me



Keenan and Francesca


the crazy roadtrippers


Can't explan this one.



After that bar we went across the street to another bar which was very, very cool. It was half outdoors (I guess you can do that in Arizona...)  It was at this bar that I a) met a super cool guy and b) got way too drunk.

We stayed until bar close and came back to Kevans where we crashed for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment