"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do

than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe

harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain













Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ready...Set...

Tomorrow at this time Fran and I will be enjoying Chicago!

I had a sleepover with the ten year old twins I nanny for last night. It's been awhile since I've gone five weeks without seeing them, so it was a fun last time together for awhile.

I was so excited thinking about my trip that I could barely sleep last night. All of a sudden I needed to figure out what there was to do in Pittsburgh (planned 2nd stop). I mapped it out and realized we're actually going out of our way a bit to stop there and I really have no burning desire to see it. Where I really want to go is Philedelphia, and being the type of girl who never advanced very far in the geography bee in elementary school, I didn't realize that we'll practically be going right through Philly on our way from NYC to D.C.

So I still have to talk it over with Fran (who is coming in a few hours!!) but we may just take a different route that doesn't include Pittsburgh, but does include this place: Amish Acres. I definitely want to stop there for a tour and a horse and buggy ride.

Instead of going through PA, we'll mostly be traveling through very southern New York until we get to Boston. We'll stop somewhere en route when we get tired, and the motel price will probably be much cheaper than we'd find in Pittsburgh.


Anyways, I'm home now at my parents. I don't *think* I've forgotten anything at my apartment in Madison!  Poor Fran is going to be stuck driving through some bad storms on her way from Green Bay to my parents house... She's staying put until the tornado warning has passed.


Tomorrow (and i think Tuesday) we're staying with Fran's friend from high school. We both want to go to the Sears Tower and I know I really want to see the new addition of the skydeck. (new since i was there last, at least)
Fran wants to go to a club at night. I wouldn't mind going to the Shedd Aquarium either.

Looking at the prices for these things freaks me out a little... We'll just have to be sensible and be smart about what we want to do and how much we're willing to spend. I don't want to go COMPLETELY broke, but I also don't want to come back from the trip and have not done very much because it would have put me out a few extra dollars.

I'm going to try to figure out how to put up pictures and videos on here as soon as I can. I don't want to have to be putzing with trying to figure it out when I'm actually on the trip.

Tomorrow morning we're leaving around 9 because I'm hoping we'll miss most of the Chicago morning traffic. We also have to wait to leave because I need to stop by the bank and it obviously needs to be open for me to do that. We're planning on stopping somewhere in Illinois to pick up an I-Pass which will come in handy for many of the tolls we'll be going through.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just wanted to indicate that there are lots of new notes @ your OD, with some various travel tidbits, mostly for later in your trip.

    Be sure to update this blog religiously (especially when you're in the Bible belt) (dumb humor).

    Bon Voyage!!!

    ReplyDelete